The astrology forecast for the week of December 13, 2021 through December 19, 2021 features two sign changes (Mars and Mercury), a Full Moon in Gemini, Venus turning retrograde in Capricorn, and an extremely positive aspect between the Sun and Jupiter.
We have a lot to cover, so let’s dive right in!
The cosmic event of the week is Venus turning retrograde in Capricorn on Sunday. Relationships are under the gun, and Venus continues to move backwards throughout the month of January (or at least until January 29th). Further, Venus remains copresent with Pluto, which adds to the intensity of this Venus cycle. So, to help you stay on track, I’ve included a checklist – and who doesn’t like a checklist?
7 Point Checklist for Venus Retrograde
- Review Relationships – During Venus retrograde, our major relationships are under review. It’s time to do a little emotional inventory and decide the current status of your relationships and whether changes need to be made.
- Boundaries – Over time, relationships can get out of control. We can let things slide by thinking that they are ‘one time’ events and before you know it, they are part of the relationship dynamic. Sometimes you need boundaries! In my experience as a coach, people are often afraid of boundaries because they fear losing the relationship. But I’ve got a newsflash – if someone exits a relationship because of boundaries, then the relationship had a faulty foundation. Boundaries are tools to use to prevent problems from flaring up. They are about preservation, not dissolution.
- Balance – Are you putting more effort into your relationship than your partner? If so, you need to find some balance. Nobody wants to be taken advantage of, disrespected, or taken for granted. Relationships that suffer from balance problems usually end up with a partner becoming resentful, and there is nothing more toxic to a relationship than resentment.
- Unrealistic Expectations: Expectations can be a major problem in relationships, because they can lead to buyers’ remorse. Often people believe a relationship is headed somewhere when it is not. So, if you are looking for structure, foundation, long-term commitment, and eventually getting married, and your partner isn’t interested in taking on that type of relationship, problems will occur. Use Venus retrograde to find out if you are aligned with your partner, and if not, it might be time to SWIPE RIGHT.
- Fantasy or Reality: This is a close cousin to expectations, except it can include a ton of other (some dark) things. Let me cut to the chase – if you think your partner will magically change one day and want the same things that you do, then Venus retrograde may be troubling. Or if you believe your male friend of five years will one day wake up and realize he wants you, then Venus Rx could be an eye-opening experience revealed in March, likely with some unsettling news. It’s time to view relationships honestly, and accept them for what they are, not what you want them to be.
- The Young and the Ex’s: All retrogrades mean it’s time to review the past, and Venus is no exception. Often former relationship partners resurface, especially if there was a lack of closure. Sometimes our old feelings may lead us to question whether there is a future? However, in most cases, former relationships that resurface have a purpose: to show you how much you have grown. Remember, there is a reason your ex is an ex, and it’s often best to pass them by and leave them in the rear-view mirror.
- Money, Money, Money – In addition to love, Venus rules money. While Venus is retrograde, it’s the perfect time to put your finances into perspective. Even if you are doing well, it never hurts to balance your checkbook, renegotiate your interest rates, and create a plan to reduce your debt. One thing to avoid during Venus retrograde is making investments.
Monday, December 13, 2021
On Monday, we have two sign changes. Mars moves out of his own sign of Scorpio and into Sagittarius, and Mercury flies down from heavenly Sagittarius and lands in Capricorn.
Mars in Sagittarius urges you to look at the areas of your life where you feel hindered or encumbered, and asks you to break free so that life can again inspire you. This is an excellent time to do all you can to live your best life. Focus on what you can do to create a better tomorrow, and leave the past behind.
A few hours later, Mercury moves into Capricorn. Mercury in Capricorn needs to see results. So, Mercury moving into Capricorn is excellent to help you make the right decisions. Mercury in Capricorn urges you to take the lessons from the past and use this knowledge to make better decisions about the future. The only requirement is to proceed slowly and think things out.
Tuesday, December 14, 2021
The Moon moves into earthy Taurus during the early morning hours. It’s time to take a few days and enjoy the pleasures of life. Do something just for you that will help you rest and relax. Also, it’s the time of the month to indulge a little, so enjoy something spectacularly decadent.
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
The Moon continues its trip through Taurus and forms a sextile to Neptune. You will find that you are more sensitive to the needs of others and are more compassionate towards people in need. However, you may need to avoid negative people, or they may try to suck out your soul.
Thursday, December 16, 2021
The Moon spends its final day in Taurus and forms aspects to both benefics, Venus and Jupiter. It’s an excellent day for financial investment decisions before Venus turns retrograde this weekend. However, make sure your decisions are sound, because Jupiter can get carried away and excessive.
Friday, December 17, 2021
The Moon spends its first full day in social Gemini. It’s an excellent day to socialize and share ideas with friends and associates. If you need to make a major decision, the Moon forms a lovely trine to Saturn in Aquarius, which gives you the stability and structure to make your choices pay off.
Saturday, December 18, 2021
The Full Moon occurs today in mercurial Gemini. Expect your mind to be in overdrive mode over the next few days. Since this Full Moon is in trine to expansive Jupiter, it’s necessary to focus on developing a broader understanding of the world around you, rather than only seeing things from your personal viewpoint. Seek wisdom, not judgment!
Sunday, December 19, 2021
Sunday is one of the most positive days of the year, since the Sun forms a beautiful sextile to Jupiter, and you should take advantage of it. It’s time to put the follies of the past year in the rear-view mirror and think positively about the future. Also, it’s an excellent day to plan out your New Year’s goals and intentions.
See you next week!